The Sozo Clan and Senescence/Telomerase Control

Jeriah

Owner and Founder
Staff member
Administrator
LEGENDARY
I am no longer the lord of the Sozo clan (haven't been for several years) but I obviously still love it.

With that being said I think that as more medics come into the fray that certain Sozo abilities should be patented, such as their ability to control telomerase/senecence. Basically the life span of cells/how often they can divide which has always been a hallmark of Sozo ability, allowing them to live beyond average years, well into their 500s.

Even the Uzumaki with all their life force cannot do this.

I want the mods to be more attentive to the negative effects of people using this ultra healing in character. They SHOULD be shortening their life spans! And I would like the Sozo's ability to control this, which has not been seen in character or in the anime outside of the Sozo since I founded them in 2014.

references:

now if someone wants to discover a way to duplicate the Sozo's power in character, by all means.

Jeriah

Owner and Founder
Staff member
Administrator
LEGENDARY
(i understand that some people have side technology or things that can bypass the telomerase issue but this is very rare. i cant recall WHO could but i do know it was like one person)

Izanagi

Jonin
Regarding the blue team's review of the case at hand we have determined that the dispute moves in favor of the Disputer.

Everything said here regarding the case is true to verifiable knowledge and the user is well within his right to lay claim and patent to the particular ability in question to the degree of use exampled in the dispute. This means that the ultra-healing, telomerase/senescence longevity and control of the Sozo,
without significant draw backs or any alternate augmentation involved to mimic such a thing - especially to the degree and caliber shown by the clan. Is solely patented to the clan and members of it or as said by the Disputer himself, those who specifically in character discover a means to duplicate the clan's power in plausible and valid standing. I think its important to address what this means for those on-looking healers who may have a question as to how this would effect their characters. Allow me to briefly explain.

With the patenting of this under the Sozo clan, it is exactly as stated previously by the disputer himself. The level of healing, cell generation, tissue replication/generation - over all telomerase manipulation shown in other characters that are capable of extremely rapid super-healing, should indeed be shortening these character's lifespan. Its different with the Sozo clan. Cells, tissue, key factors in bodily function and healing do not just -poof- appear. When you are injured and these things are gone, damaged, or otherwise rendered useless to you - and you heal. You do not have an infinite pool of cells and other biological components to just heal over and over at exponential rates without consequence. Where is it coming from? Your character should be feeling the effects, rapidly aging, experiencing physical trauma's from the side effects and aftermath. Generally speaking - there should be draw-backs. The Sozo clan would be the only clan with the power and ability to do this without the presence of any draw-backs simply due to their clan ability and origins.

In conclusion in the future we will be overlooking the roleplays to see if this is properly being implemented and considered and we hope that you not only respect the decision of the Blue-Team in patenting this, but the disputer's decision to do so and vision of their creation. There are ways that you can plausibly do such a thing or go about integrating something similar into your rp. However, this is simply no longer one of those methods and we hope that you respect that. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your role play experience.

𝒮𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓁𝓎,
ℬ𝓁𝓊𝑒 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂