Mane Village

IsamuChinoike

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
LEGENDARY

35ef60a2b5b557c254fc942901f10c52.png

The Tategami Region is a residential district that houses all who reside in the Land of Lions, even accommodating foreigners in their small motel. The people of this land all wear tribal markings and have a great sense of smell.

IsamuChinoike

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
LEGENDARY

jeriah_commission.png

aed4a17acdb34a5231f7da98b77c019d-png.909

Secluded in his medium-size bubble the young jonin had studied the information cards. In his time of isolation, he began to focus on the stats and unique abilities each member of his squad had acquired either through birth or through physical training. Sumato had noticed the potential in all of his students. The mass intellect the white-haired devil had acquired was far greater than most, by simply looking at the stats he already numerically converted the numbers into percentages and how they would play out in real life. From the studying of clans and kekkei genkai's, he precisely knew the strengths and weaknesses of his students and any future opponents they'd come across. Pulling out his bubble-blowing tool, the brown-haired jonin would begin to exhale through the device manifesting eyes constructed of bubbles that would hover all over the village. Sumato is capable of creating several third eyes and connect each eye to his optical nerve at once, allowing him to observe things from multiple angles simultaneously, releasing once the medium-size bubble popped.

Traveling amongst the green-hued land, the four Mist shinobi hovered over the large trees to keep their presence secretive and not sensed by bandits who were equipped with unique sensory skills. The bubbles were invisible to the human eye and were completely undetectable as their chakra was completely suppressed within the bubbles they had traveled in. This makes it impossible for sensor-type shinobi to track them via chakra. By motioning his hand downwards, the bubble would begin to descend upon the village. Now only five meters, the bubbles would disperse briefly revealing their physical presence to the new region.

Squinting his eyes he'd begin to look for their secret informant hoping to learn more about the terrain and the bandits. Angeling his head backward he'd look at his teammates nodding his head towards them signalizing that their mission has now begun.
aed4a17acdb34a5231f7da98b77c019d-png.909

issamu_small.png

BQD

Genin
WaterThing.png

By now, Takezo had gotten used to the bubble's motion. Its immense speed failed to surprise him, still as his eyes fell unto Sumato, he was amazed by his sheer skill. For someone that appeared so casual, the man sure was efficient. He could tell, by the way not a single tree moved, nor a shadow, that whoever inhabited the Land of the Lions had not realized that the Shinobi were approaching. He smirked momentarily for what appeared to be less than a second.

"You're a skilled one, aren't you, Sumato-sensei."

Takezo thought to himself, as he managed to find his balance within the descending bubble. His knees bent slightly, as he scanned the terrain with his eyes. His ears followed, chakra traversing through his senses momentarily as to enhance them. He could see and hear it all as he landed upon the grass. Though unlike Sumato, his sensing wasn't widespread. No, he couldn't reach the massive distance that Sumato could cover, and even if he could, it wouldn't have helped him. Instead he focused it in a small area in front of him. Several meters in every direction, to where he could react at a moment's notice. Anything else would not help him, anything else couldn't help him. His hand rested on his blade's sheath, and despite the urgency in which he prepared himself, he showed no signs of worry, even as the mission started. Instead, he followed Sumato at a similar pace. Remaining silent, yet vigilant to whatever threats could appear.

WaterThing.png

Khandov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Kazuo had a fine Sensei; He could sense just by this bubble he sat upon that there was always more to learn with him. For example, he observed that Sumato's bubbles contained the chakra traces inside. If the opposition had chakra sensory capacity, they would not be revealed.

And then there he was. The Land of Lions. As expected, much different than post cards implied. Upon Sensei's nod, he knew it was on and followed right behind him. Normally he'd auspex the surroundings with Mind Release every other minute, but he knew whichever capacities he had, Sensei had better. Also, if the opponents indeed had chakra sensing, using Mind Release would turn him into a beacon of sorts. Rather not.

"Just stay right behind him" he thought, but it's not like he didn't had one hand on his shiv, and other poised to perform signs. Upon command, he could make the sign and fist a lightning release unto whichever target Sensei indicated. All within two seconds flat.

JigokunoTenshi

Mythical
It was a quiet day in the village- finally. The bandits that had rolled through had threatened to destroy the peace, but the natives managed to get them to leave before any real damage was done. The scroll they were searching for had, of course, come through their home, but it hadn’t stayed. The person that was wandering with the scroll in tow had made it very clear that they needed to continue on or they would bring trouble to their doorstep. While the scroll had been within reach for her, she couldn’t act upon it herself. She was merely a civilian, a United Republic informant, that had gotten trapped here in Land of Lions when the power went out. Luckily for her, she was informed of a team from Kirigakure on their way to retrieve the scroll. They’d worked tirelessly to keep this scroll on the radar and she would be sorely disappointed if they lost it because of this global attack.
The team was set to arrive within the day of last contact with her UR connections and instead of heading home, she decided to wait longer when they hadn’t arrived exactly on time. Patience was a virtue she lacked, but it wasn’t impossible for her to show leniency. She decided to make sure that she got as much information as she could, talking to people that the scroll-bearer had interacted with before they had departed from the village. She was aligning stories for truths and lies, potential directions for the shinobi to take. By the time they did arrive, she’d formulated as much information as she could for them, and hoped they’d make wise choices with it.

When they arrived in the village they were greeted by a man. He seemed plain, had no information for them when they asked questions, nor was he able to tell them his name. He directed them to a building and knocked three times, with a long pause in between, before knocking two more. Rather than waiting with them, he abandoned them on the stoop to the home, wandering off down the road in silence.

There was a short pause between the knock and sounds finally rustling on the other side of the door, but pretty soon they would hear a lock click and the door opened to reveal a rather young looking woman in casual clothing.

IMG_6252.png

“I’d ask you to confirm your names, but you’re unmistakably Sumato. Your file describes you perfectly. Given how strict the UR is with their information security, I doubt that you’re anyone in disguise. And if you are-“ She turned around and started to walk back into the depths of the house, shrugging casually, “I lived a good life, albeit a short one. Come along.”

When they came inside and shut the door, they’d follow her through the home and into a quaint little living room. She sat down on the sofa and gestured to the chairs and sofa across from her, waiting as she eyes them up to take a seat. “Before we get started, I don’t suppose you have any idea why all of the technology here in the village has stopped working- including cell phones.”

IsamuChinoike

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
LEGENDARY

jeriah_commission.png

waterthing-png.971

With only a brief time of interaction with his students, they were already impressed with the immersive and diverse jutsu the jonin could materialize at will. Having the capability of converting his chakra into either soap or oil, Sumato could create bubbles in practically any setting. A master at manipulating surface tension, it was possible to produce bubbles from utilizing the water molecules that resided in the air, the groundwater buried in the surface of the land, and even use his own sweat to conjure the thin spheres of liquid that enclosed air or another gas. Mastering the fundamentals and researching soap bubble ninjutsu from historical figures such as the notorious Utakata, the previous six-tailed jinchuriki, and the 2nd Mizukage Gengetsu Hozuki, Sumato created simplistic yet powerful jutsu's that could aid him in battle. Not bolstering a monstrous amount of strength nor chakra, the man was a strategist and a conservative, using the most basic of techniques to execute powerful enemies who would otherwise laugh at puny-looking jutsu's like bubbles. Looking behind him he could hear the compliments that had abandoned Takezo's lips. The comment immediately made the man turn pink as he immediately became nervous. He was not used to being complimented nor being looked up to. Scratching his hair that covered his bandana, he'd try to formulate the words.

"Th-th-th-th-thanks...Takezo. Ummmmm...I try I guess..." the sentence was very taxing on his comfortability and he begun to take three deep breathes before he could speak again. The man was more relaxed and his squicky voice had dwindled away. "Sorry about that. Hmm...I never categorized myself as skill, I just always met the qualifications of what was expected of me. You're looking at one of Kirigakure's famous failures. At my age, I am now reaching statuses that I should have reached ages ago...when I was your age I was completely useless, you would have definitely laughed at how powerless I was at your age. Reading your info cards I can already tell how skilled both you and Kazuo are. It's sad to say, but it won't be long until the both of you surpass me" he shrugged as he both looked at the two young genins grinning.

Once arriving in the Mane Village they were greeted by a man who could be categorized as odd. A bright smile manifested on Sumato's face as he reached his hand to shake the stranger's hand, while in the midst of introducing himself and his teammates the man blankly stared at his hand. His silence and empty expression rubbed the jonin the wrong way, calmly sliding his hands back into his confines. Instead of showing the shinobi any hospitality, the man ignored all gestures turning his back towards them as he directed them to the house. He knocked numerous times and simply abandoned them. Sumato worried now looked around frantically as this all could have been a plan to get the trio killed. A rustling noise could be heard from the door, the man would begin to formulate hand seals in order to activate some sort of jutsu to protect the three before he could finish the last hand seal the door would open and he'd quickly ban his hands into the pockets of the trench coats again. Did the jonin make an ass of himself? Yes indeed, as he stood at the doorway in an awkward position. His dark blue aquatic orbs glanced at the woman who opened the door. He could not sense any sinister chakra emitting from her body and her stance did not read 'danger'. Already notified, she had already been aware of Sumato was and what he physically looked like. The young lady's comment on death was far from a joke, as it now made the jonin nervous and ambitious to prove that he was no threat to the woman. Remaining six feet from the woman he'd begin to follow her, keeping his distance to ensure she was safe. The purple-haired woman had thrown herself onto the furniture and soon asked the trio to sit down as well. Sitting across from her his ears now focused in on what the woman had to say as he could tell she had something relevant to spew that related to their mission. A serious face had surfaced as Sumato rubbed his chin connecting the dots that the Land of Lions too had suffered from the massive power outage.

"I wasn't sure until now. I had not known that there was a power outage in other nations but the Land of Water. This is far too great to be a coincidence. Though I would like to get to the bottom of the power outage, I have had strict orders to collect a special scroll, though there were not many details that Lord Mizukage told us about. Would you happen to know what I am referring to Ms...?"

Sumato waited for the woman to introduce herself as well as any information that pertained to the mission. Right now all he could do is wait, hoping she would help connect the dots so Team 2 could understand the gravity of the situation.
waterthing-png.971

issamu_small.png

BQD

Genin
"S-so casual..."

That was Takezo's first impression of the woman as she opened the door. He appeared to freeze up, almost as if he had been shocked momentarily. It wasn't that he was attracted to the woman that greeted them into her phone, no, Takezo barely thought about those things. But it was her attire, her expression, her nonchalant attitude at simply allowing a grown man and two boys to waltz into her house. It surprised him to say the least. Very few people made peace with their lives, and much so at an early age. This woman had what many a samurai attempted to attain throughout their entire life. She had harmony.

Walking through her home behind Sumato, the distance between them causing Takezo to tilt his head in confusion. Were they trying to keep their distance in case she was an enemy? Her carefree behavior certainly caused him to alert. No, that couldn't be it, Sumato appeared relaxed, not battle-ready as he had been before. Oh! Maybe he was trying to keep her comfortable, if that was the case, then Sensei was surely a genius! Takezo nodded to himself, unaware of how equally awkward it was for them to tail after her only after she was a considerable distance away.

Reaching the living room, Takezo analyzed the features of her home, features that were mostly unknown to him. With seemingly no respect he appeared to move about, examining furniture after furniture. He appeared to move from one place to another, bending down, reaching upwards, looking beneath the sofas. Any place was new information for him that he couldn't allow to escape. While Sumato appeared to be solely focused on the mission, Takezo had become enthralled with what he had seen of Mane Village.

"This is an interesting home alright....Lady, Sumato, why is it that you ninjas rely on these 'cell phones' so much?"

Khandov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Soon enough, Kazuo was at ease, despite the pacing being accelerated, as if they were late for something. Takezo actually complimented the Sensei, sounding in Kazuo's mind like something between a sly suckup and a kid seeing Jutsu for the first time in his life. That's not how you get close to a Sensei, he thought. What's weirder still, was Sumato's reaction. The impression of Kazuo about his feats reeled like a quaking mountain. He considered his teachers practically demigods, wielding powers that be. Being powers that be. Calling oneself a failure was the last thing he'd expect.
And at the notion of surpassing him sooner than later, and be higher than him at Kazuo's age, Kazuo's mind was in turn roused to awe. How much could he accomplish by the age of his Sensei? And yet, from the first second, Kazuo sensed something wrong in Sumato's thinking. He feels useless... yet why if he can do all this.... except relative to Kazuo and Takezo... but... got it.

"You're wrong to call yourself a failure, Sensei." - Kazuo said first and thought on what comes next later. A moment ensued.
"A servant given two coins and returning four, receives equal praise to a servant given three coins, and returning six.", he quickly added. "And the servant teaching another to bring in more coins has a stake in all that his student brings. You had me read the book it's from, remember?"

He still lazily scried the area, but was fully at ease once they've reached the village and then the contact.. Who then proceeded to guide them to a house with a woman inside: The actual informant. A civilian who at least knew what was she getting into. She was... slightly choleric for his taste. But that's what you expect from informants whose grid went down.
As the others, he sat himself down to listen to her attentively. "You've two ninjas and a samurai with you, miss, at least one of which can reveal hostile intent. One way or another, this won't be the end of you. And I've nothing but mere suspicions about the causes of outages at the time." - Kazuo laid back, allowing Sumato to get to the meat of the matter.

JigokunoTenshi

Mythical
Following the meeting with the informant, the trio had received a bounty of information to do with as they pleased. She presented them with as much as she had managed to gather, and this information went as follows:

The scroll-bearing wanderer that had passed through had been a rather antsy and nervous person, since he knew that he was being followed, but he was a rather rude individual as well. He stayed in the village no longer than he needed to eat and regain some of his energy, and departed from the village. He spoke with few people about much of anything, but just before he left he had summoned two clones, and the three of them left to the edge of the village. No one had seen which version of him left with the scroll, and it was the same information that the bandits had been given.

The bandits followed the trails north, south and east out of the village after splitting up in hopes of finding the one with the scroll. They surely would have communicated with each other if they found something, but now that the lines were down it was unlikely. All she could tell them, as much as she tried to get more information than that, was that the real shinobi had gone south, and the two clones went north and east. This was not information that the bandits were aware of, but she assumed that the scroll would have been with the real form of the shinobi's person. It didn't make sense for them to send it with a clone, as the scroll would be left vulnerable should anything happen to it.

Additionallu, she told them that they should make sure there weren't any traps awaiting them on the paths that the bandits left behind. The squad and their sensei would remain in the village for the next 53 hours, as their conversation and planning took three, clearing out traps and speaking to other villagers to get information from them. They received free food and lodging during their stay- a token of appreciation from the village for taking care of the traps that would have definitely been tripped by some of them on their ways in and out if they hadn't been taken care of.

At 6 PM on April 12th, the squad would have cleared all of the paths from the village, and even successfully deduced that the scroll had not even seen the light of the Northern or Eastern paths. Their target was due south.