(art by @Kami)
1) The initial complaint is the failure to address the tatebate blasts which had been held and strengthened in a reflective fuinjutsu barrier, which had been invoked during the initial assault attempt on and by Tenwa Sozo.
A) (The results and effects of the seals were made apparent as a stray volley of a purple energy blast struck against the wall of the sealing sphere only to be reflected in the direction it came from, actively sending the strike back doubling both its speed and power. Being that there were over 60 volleys of these energy blasts simultaneously fired, the masses would find themselves in a state of being constantly afflicted and continuously bombarded by their own techniques, which if somehow wasn't countered would result in every single last specimen being turned into dust with no one to fault except themselves.) ~Quoted from 3rd post in the Kagi town thread~
B) (The sphere of fuinjutsu that remained present containing nothing more than the continuous reflections of the previously released energy beams utilized against him and his party prior to the earlier altercation The speed and sheer power remarkably increased tenfold from the constant reflection and doubling of power, holding enough innate power to instantly eradicate anything upon contact and shroud the afflicted target upon once connected. The minions who previously resided within had been initially rendered to dust until even that component of them had been completely destroyed. Each blast seemingly released with the intended purpose and specified direction despite the blinding speeds at which they were expelled, soaring overhead above the party of the three men, each aimed perfectly towards every present minion outside of the walls of the library, with Uragoe himself being a target.) ~Quoted from 8th post in the Kagi Town thread~
With a failure to mention or address the directed assault, it is only logical that the minions outside of the library would be eradicated, and Uragoe himself would be struck by said technique as well, dealing direct damage.
2) Overriding use of fuinjutsu dome barrier designed to specifically reflect any chakra infused or physical components that come into contact with it. The power and technical aspect of fuinjutsu upon initial contact would remain constant so long as the seal itself had not been tampered with or completely destroyed, even if the said shield was shattered for story progression, it would not do so without fulfilling its purpose to some extent, and the technical aspect of the reflection would also cause the beginning portion of the sound wave itself to ricochet and clash with twice as much force towards the remaining portion that trailed behind. Meaning even if the ward barrier was shattered, the force of the oncoming soundwave would be greatly diminished before making contact with the other established lines of defense. However, it should be noted that even Minato with basic fuinjutsu application was able to completely halt a charged S rank tailed beast bomb with little to no effort on his part without his seal shattering from impact, magnitude, and force.
3) The use of a wind vacuum diminishing the effects of sound even further. The sound itself is unable to travel through a vacuum being that it requires some form of medium to travel across. When the sound wave came into contact with the muffling vacuum, regardless of the force or power behind the released technique, the science behind the matter would logically render sound itself as being immediately null and unable to continue further being that it lacked a medium to travel across
4) The utilization of an abrasive yin barrier being overlooked. Yin itself is a component of every elemental nature release, and as such being that a component to utilize elemental ninjutsu successfully, a proper balancing of yin and yang is necessary. In a sense it's like a water balloon – the yin and yang would serve in a sense as the exterior, or the "balloon" carrying the "interior" or the chakra of the Jutsu itself. If either balance between the yin and yang were to become disrupted or unbalanced, the balloon would pop, leaving the inside baseless and without form to continue constant momentum or direction. So in a sense, the instant the remaining power of the technique came into contact with the yin barrier, it would be completely dispersed with no remaining momentum to carry it continuously through.
5) In a tandem Ketsugo also erected a Yang barrier in a similar principle as to how the Yin Barrier operates. Yang is a fundamental component in each release and even in chakra that makes use of both spiritual and physical energy. And such can be used to dismantle or disrupt the ratios of Jutsu like Sound Release. Similarly to the Yin Barrier above. So in a sense the moment the sound makes contact with the barrier it also is further dismantled by the Yang Barrier by collecting the roaming energy after its spiritual energy is disrupted.
From Tenwa, Ketsugo, Mowa